Sewai Kheer / Vermicelli Pudding (with step by step pictures)

Sewai Kheer is quick yet delicious sweet dish. Try it any time, I am sure you will make it often when you want to eat some quick dessert :)



Here is recipe of Sewai Kheer. . .

You need:
  • ½ Packet Vermicelli
  • 500 ml Milk
  • 2 Tsp. Ghee (clarified butter)
  • 4-5 Tsp. Sugar / As per taste
  • 3-4 Almonds (chopped)
  • 3-4 Cashew nuts (chopped)
  • A pinch of saffron threads
Method:

1. Crush the Vermicelli.




2. Heat ghee in a kadhai/pan. Add crushed vermicelli and fry for few seconds (stir continuously to avoid burning)


3. Add milk.


4. Cook till vermicelli get cooked and milk get thicker. (5-7 minutes stirring continuously on medium flame)


5. Add sugar, nuts & saffron threads. Stir and cook for another 1 minute.


6. Sewai kheer is ready, Enjoy it hot or cold as you like.

Get Free Updates in your Inbox

Previous
Next Post »

6 Comments

Click here for Comments
Dec 8, 2009, 8:14:00 PM ×

I love kheer. Never had it with vermicelli though. Sounds delicious.

Reply
avatar
Dec 8, 2009, 8:27:00 PM ×

Anything with almonds, cashews and sugar catches my attention. Your pudding sounds marvelous, and is so pretty!

Reply
avatar
Tasty Trix
admin
Dec 9, 2009, 7:50:00 PM ×

Mmm, the perfect end to a meal!

Reply
avatar
Unknown
admin
Dec 12, 2009, 1:17:00 AM ×

Pudding with noodles in it sounds soooo interesting! I think I'll have to give it a try :)

Reply
avatar
Unknown
admin
Dec 15, 2009, 1:28:00 AM ×

One of my favorite payasams! Looks delicious!

Reply
avatar
Unknown
admin
May 26, 2010, 9:25:00 PM ×

Hi Vidya, Thanks for dropping by my blog. I live in the US and almost all houses have gas stoves with oven. So I had no need to buy them. However, I suggest you to get the OTG as it is more convenient to bake with it than with the MW. Let me know if you have any other queries.

Reply
avatar

Hi, Thanks for visiting my blog. Please add your comments, your feedback is important for me :) ConversionConversion EmoticonEmoticon

Copyright © 2010 · All Rights Reserved · V's Little World· Privacy Policy· Sitemap · Contact